Thursday, March 12, 2009

Lesson for the week


Winter is still here and with it is the winter blues. I've decided to get out and get some fresh air every day even if I don't want to get out, which is usually the case. It seems to be helping alot. My mood has been lifted up from doing just that. Its been a sad week here. We lost a friend to suicide on Monday. I just don't know what would make someone choose to do such a horrible thing to themselves and those that love them and know them. Leaving alot of unanswered questions behind. Once the shock of it wears off I'm sure things will start to add up but until then my thoughts are haunted with him.
I heard a little boy from the slums in Dubai say "the most important thing in life is family. You can have money and things buy you will loose them and your family will be yours forever." That is so true. We get stressed by all the finacial struggles, the relationship hardaches but at the end of the day your family is always there and no one can take that away from you.
Lesson for the week, don't take your friends and family for granted and don't stress over material things.
Amen

1 comment:

krissy said...

So true! It can all be so overwhelming, but to have family makes it do-able!